Originally designed in 1957 for the renovated Club 44 in La Chaux-de-Fonds in Switzerland, it is a decidedly architectural armchair, still strikingly individual and totally functional. Fully stable, surprisingly comfortable, severe but with character, its seat design derives from the “Cavalletto” system, of which it is an ideal but more unusual continuation.
Club 44 is a decidedly architectural armchair, still strikingly individual and totally functional. Here the classic inverted V pattern that characterizes the system becomes the profile of a leg at the top from which the arm finds its ideal point of support. The resulting overall profile adds a slenderizing touch to this small piece of domestic furniture, making it even more elegant, angular and serious: in a word, distilled through over fifty years of sedimentation, absolute.